A boutique tour and safari operator, offering tours in Namibia, Botswana, and South Africa. Mat-Travel offers custom-curated travel experiences in Southern Africa as well as fixed departure tours.
Our local experience combined with our international partnerships with agents makes Mat-Travel your ideal African Safari partner. Whether you are looking for a luxury travel experience or wild remote camping our team at Mat-Travel will be able to assist you.
Don’t just dream of watching an African sunset, come and experience it
Are you looking at your next safari holiday and don’t know what to choose. A safari holiday is something special and each destination offered by Mat-Travel offers something unique and special.
If you’re having trouble deciding what’s best for you our dedicated team will be more than happy to help.
Namibia, located in southwest Africa, Namibia offers a wide variety of safari options. From easy luxury camping to exclusive lodge experiences. The Namibian tourism industry is well established and well regulated making Namibia a safe safari destination.
Often referred to as Africa for beginners, due to the relative ease of traveling Namibia offers some amazing sights such as the Fish River Canyon, Sossusvlei, and Etosha National Park. For an exciting African Safari, with a wide variety of choice, Namibia is the destination for you.
South Africa, rich in culture and plenty to do is not just a safari destination in Africa. Offering fantastic beaches, great surf spots, and incredible nightlife in the cities like Cape Town. South Africa can suit almost any traveler.
Some of the highlights in South Africa are Kruger National Park, the City of Cape Town, and the Cape Winelands.
If you’re looking at combining your safari with relaxing time at the beach and visiting beautiful cities on the same trip South Africa could be just right for you.
Botswana, a wild and remote safari destination, is more suited to the adventure traveler. Botswana offers some of the most remote and wild camping experiences in Southern Africa. Close up animal encounters around the campsite or in open game vehicles are to be expected.
Botswana also offers luxury camping safaris and exclusive lodges for adventurous travelers who like luxury in the bush.
- Etosha National Park’s Best Waterholes – for the Ultimate SafariLet’s just be real and say it: It’s extremely difficult to choose the ten best waterholes in Etosha. There are multiple factors that make a waterhole great – but each person’s encounter there could be different. Don’t forget, animals move around constantly. So choosing a waterhole in general, let alone the best ones – that’s …
- 10 Best Beaches in South Africa You Need to VisitWith a 2,800 km coastline stretching from Namibia to Mozambique, South Africa is a magnetic country for travelling beach bums. When you combine the plethora of Blue Flag beaches with the country’s gorgeous scenery, delectable food scene, and fascinating culture, South Africa is a destination that deserves more than one visit. And while the shining …
- The Central Region of NamibiaNAMIBIA – A COUNTRY OF CONTRASTS The Central Region Windhoek is the capital of Namibia, with a population numbering around 300 000 souls. A clean city, it has buildings both from the bygone eras as well as modern architecture. The city lies in the Auas mountain range; hence it looks like a jumble of houses …
- The Skeleton Coast of NamibiaWhen you read or hear about Namibia, one of the first things mentioned is the Skeleton Coast. Tales of shipwrecks littering the beaches are rife in Namibia. With a coastline of approx.1570 kilometres, Namibia’s shores border South Africa and the Orange River, as well as Angola and the Kunene River in the North. Of …
- Etosha National Park, NamibiaTravelling from Windhoek via the sleepy villages of Otjiwarongo and Outjo, you will come to Etosha National Park, the most famous of all Namibia’s parks. At just over 2 million hectares big, this park is home to an extremely wide variety of game, birdlife and vegetation zones. Etosha means “the great white place”, which refers …
- DamaralandHiking in Namibia – Damaraland Damaraland lies in the northwest of Namibia.The unofficial name, originally proposed by the Apartheid government for a “homeland” of the Damara people, is still widely used. Rusty red ridges formed by granite alternate with savanna and tree-covered, dried out river beds. Such magnificent scenery is simply begging to be explored on foot. A …